- Ensure the engine is at normal operating temperature (ECT > ~65C).
- Put the vehicle into park (auto) or neutral (manual).
- Turn off all accessories and A/C.
- Turn the vehicle off.
- Apply the parking brake.
- Press the brake pedal. Keep the brake pedal depressed during the entire procedure. REQUIRED for successful test completion
- Start the vehicle and let it idle.
- Press Begin.
- Gradually rev the vehicle to fuel cutoff (around 4000-5000 RPM's) over a period of about 4 seconds. When fuel cuts out, immediately release the throttle.
- Allow the engine to come back to an idle.
- Turn the ignition off for at least 15 seconds. This step is required for the VCM to store the newly learned configuration.
Attaching your Pro Link Cable to a source
Using instructions from the sensor you are using find the appropriate outputs to connect to the appropriate wiring on the Pro Link. You will find the Pinout below.
• Black – GND
• Red – Analog 1
• Blue – Analog 2
• Orange – CAN High
• Yellow – CAN Low
Adding a Channel
You you have connected the Pro Link cable to your sensor you will add the appropriate Channel in VCM Scanner.
Transforming the Channel
On the Channel display, you can right click a channel to bring up the menu. If the channel supports transformation, you will see an option called "Transform".
Selecting your Transform
The Transform Selector form will show you any transforms that apply to the channel you have selected.
For example, if your base channel is a voltage input, the Transform Selector will show you transforms that take voltage as the input.
Defining your own Transform
If your sensor is not defined in our list, or you must account for a signal/noise offset, you can define your own transform.
In this example, I first selected Ballenger - AFR500, then clicked the Fx to copy it down into the User Defined area. This gives me a starting point close to my input sensor. Then, you can add any offsets needed for your specific installation.
You must select a parameter and units. The transform will convert the input source into an output of type of the parameter you selected, with the associated units. When adding this transform into your layout displays, you simply add the Parameter you've transformed your input to.
The user transform values you input will be stored with the channel, and will be saved any time you save your channel config.
Trigger the transmission fast learn procedure. You have 2 seconds to comply with any instructions such as Selecting D or R, otherwise the test will be aborted. The engine must be running at idle, transmission temperature 70 - 95 DegC, vehicle not moving and brake pedal must be applied during the entire test. Please note during this test the engine speed will increase and decrease automatically and various clutch noises may be heard from the transmission.
1) Before starting the procedure, you must log the PID "Cleaning Status" in the scanner to be informed of the current process status. Enable conditions: Engine running at idle, vehicle not moving, transmission selector in Park, transmission temperature 70 - 110 DegC.
2) Begin the transmission cleaning procedure.
* Please note during this test the engine speed will increase and decrease automatically and various clutch noises may he heard from the transmission.