Whenever you use credits to activate a license, this is the form you will see.|
You must use caution when activating licenses.
When opening a file, the rules are:
- You can open and view any file supported by HP Tuners regardless of the licenses you have.
- A license is required to save any changes to that file.
When reading a vehicle, the rules are:
- You can read any vehicle supported by HP Tuners regardless of the licenses you have.
When writing to a vehicle, the rules are:
The above rules may sound like a lot just to write a vehicle, however its really not the case.
- You must have a license for the file you are trying to write to the vehicle.
- You must also have a license for the vehicle you are trying to write to.
When working with your own vehicle, you will almost always read the vehicle first.
After the read, you will be prompted to license the vehicles file.
Now you have a license for your vehicle and all files you read from it.
Now that your vehicle is licensed you can flash it an unlimited number of times as long as the license is still valid (ie. the VIN has not changed, the OS has not changed and modules have not changed).
Take caution when:
The above examples are extreme tests of our licensing rules.
- If you download a file from the internet and try to write it into your vehicle,
when you try to write the vehicle you will be prompted to license the file first.
After you license the file, if you have not licensed your own vehicle yet, you will yet again be prompted to license your vehicle using additional credits.
- If you purchase a spare VCM for your vehicle and wish to write your file into it,
you will still need to license the spare VCM when you try to write it.
If the spare VCM is of the same year/model type as a year/model or vehicle group license which you already have, you will not be prompted to license the VCM as you will already have licensed support for that VCM.
- Single Vehicle License - License the vehicles VCM that you are connected to.
- Year/Model License - License to an unlimited number of vehicles of the same year/model as the vehicle are connected to.
- Unlimited Vehicle Group - License the vehicle group of the vehicle type you are connected to.
Not all vehicles support an unlimited vehicle group license. Vehicles that do not support one will not show this third option. For vehicles that do support this option, you can see the entire list of vehicles that fall under this category on our orders page.
Single Vehicle License Comment:
When using a single vehicle license, you can enter in a brief comment.
The comment length you can enter will vary depending on the type of vehicle you are working with.
Don't worry, the window will prevent you from entering in too much data.
Comments could be:
- Customers Name
- License Plate Number
- Car Color
- License Activation Date
- Winning Lotto Numbers