How do I perform a Crank Relearn
To perform a Crank Relearn please follow these directions carefully:|
- Ensure the engine is at normal operating temperature (ECT > ~65C).
- Put the vehicle into park (auto) or neutral (manual).
- Turn off all accessories and A/C.
- Turn the vehicle off.
- Apply the parking brake.
- Press the brake pedal. Keep the brake pedal depressed during the entire procedure. REQUIRED for successful test completion
- Start the vehicle and let it idle.
- Press Begin.
- Gradually rev the vehicle to fuel cutoff (around 4000-5000 RPM's) over a period of about 4 seconds. When fuel cuts out, immediately release the throttle.
- Allow the engine to come back to an idle.
- Turn the ignition off for at least 15 seconds. This step is required for the VCM to store the newly learned configuration.