How to connect an AA battery to your MPVI Pro interface to troubleshoot
To troubleshoot your MPVI Pro Analog inputs to rule out a hardware issue follow the directions below:|
1) Insert the raw voltage pid into the #1 slot in your table display
2) Connect a 3-5" long piece of 16-20 gauge wire to the #1 port on your MPVI Pro
3) Connect a 3-5" long piece of 16-20 gauge wire to the #5 (ground) port on your MPVI Pro
4) Connect the #1 piece to the positive terminal of a AA battery and the #5 piece to the negative terminal on the AA battery.
5) Connect your interface to your vehicle and begin logging
Without the AA battery connected the voltage will likely hover around 1.34-1.37 volts this is perfectly normal.
New AA batteries will put out ~1.5v-1.6v, so if your interface is reading this voltage perfectly in the scanner then you likely have an issue somewhere else, whether its a custom PID that is incorrect or your wideband controller hasn't been properly configured.